Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PD Nerdiness

I have said it before, I will say it again:

I am a PD nerd.

I am sitting in a PD session right now that 2 of my teammates are running. Today's session is on Web 2.0 tools for Elementary Language Arts/Social Studies. I am not here to help, I am here because I want to learn. 

I have seen the tools they are showing before, but I am still eager. I think PD is all about what you make of it.  I search for nuggets I didn't know or see, I practice things I don't usually have time to practice and think about how I can make the skills being shown a reality in my classrooms.  It shouldn't matter if I have seen a tool before or have used something extensively...I am in control of my learning.

If I hadn't come to this session, I never would have thought about the COOL things I could do with www.tagxedo.com 

Like Wordle,  it lets you create word clouds only with Tagxedo, you decide the shape!  Teaching about chocolate?  Use a chocolate kiss!  Teaching the Civil War?  Place your vocabulary in the shape of Abraham Lincoln's head!

Here's my new creation...an ode to Dr. Seuss's Cat in the Hat!





Interested in laughing at me over my PD nerdiness?  Want to look at more Tagxedo integration ideas?

Let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment